Re: cygipc works only for administrator? (2nd attempt)

First, make sure that ipc-daemon is NOT running with the "TightSecurity"
option (check the registry under
HKLM/SYSTEM/CurrentControlSet/Service/ipc-daemon/Parameters)

The TightSecurity flag should be off ('0x00000000') to allow wide-open
access

Also, you might try setting the Debug flag to 0x00000001, and watch the
voluminous messages in your System Log (don't do this long-term, unless
you like 100MB logfiles...)  Use EventViewer to looks at the logs.

Make sure to restart the ipc-daemon service after changing its flags.

One trick you can try (if you've got a working sshd on your system) is
ssh back to localhost as, say, Administrator.  run 'ipc-daemon --debug'
manually.  In another cygwin shell (user=postgres?) try to run ipctest
or postgres. (Make sure the ipc-daemon *service* is not running.)

Unfortunately, that's about all I can offer -- debugging tips.  No other
postgres user has reported problems similar to yours; and at this point,
I think the ONLY people who use cygipc are postgres users...

--Chuck