Re: Problems with ViM

Dear all,

Thank you very much for your advices, I have just repaired my vim that runs
under cygwin by adding this line in /etc/profile

export VIM = /usr/share/vim

and its works. Now I can use vim in both environments even though its have
different versions (gvim 5.8 under windows dan vim 5.7 under cygwin).

Regards,

Suendo

At 10:42 01/07/31 -0400, you wrote:
> At 10:41 AM 7/31/2001, Veinardi Suendo wrote:
> >Dear all,
> >
> >I have just downloaded and installed gvim for windows, then I found my ViM
> >which run under cygwin cannot find several of its components, such as
> >help.txt, etc. Does anybody knows how to configure cygwin shell so I can use
> >my ViM under cygwin and under windows without any problems? I suggest that
> >it might be caused by the some declarations in autoexec.bat due to the
> >installation of gvim for windows such as
> >
> >  set VIM = c:\vim
> >
> >I really need help for this case,
>

> How about just setting VIM to where it resides in Cygwin inside your
> /etc/profile?
>

> Larry Hall                              lhall@rfk.com
> RFK Partners, Inc.                      http://www.rfk.com
> 118 Washington Street                   (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office
> Holliston, MA 01746                     (508) 893-9889 - FAX

 Veinardi SUENDO

 TANIOKA Laboratory
 Department of Organic and Polymeric Materials
 Tokyo Institute of Technology
 Ookayama, Meguro-ku
 Tokyo 152-8552 Japan
 Tel. +81-3-5734-2426