RE: Licensing terms

Ok, thanks for the info.  Now for the follow-up.  Say I build a
archive library, my_lib.a, based entirely on my own source code
and does NOT link in a GPL library, eg libcygwin.a, though it
does #include standard templates.

ie, gcc -c biff.c ; gcc -c bob.c ; ar -o my_lib.a biff.o bob.o

First, does my_lib.a fall under GPL?

If not, if I distribute my_lib.a binary and a user then uses it to
build an executable under cygwin, where do the "open source"
boundaries lie?

Matt Clark
matthew.c.clark@honeywell.com