Re: Condition Variables?

On 15 Aug 2001 20:03:46 -0700, Wesel wrote:
> Robert Collins wrote:
> >
> > Uhmm, a) report the actual bug you are experiencing.
>
> PTHREAD_COND_INITIALIZER is not defined.

Strange.. I thought that was in 1.3.2. Oh well. Anyway, the static
initialisers are the last thing on my list of to-dos for pthreads. There
are well-defined dynamic initialisers that can be used, and some thread
models (such as the win32 model) don't have any equivalent for static
initialisers.

> > b) in this case AFAIK there is no current bug with single-process
> > condition variables. Cygwin doesn't have proper support for shared
> > process condition/mutex variables yet.
>
> It is single process.  I'll just remove my use (and attempted
> workaround) of the PTHREAD_COND_INITIALIZER macro.  That should fix
> everything, by not using the macro at all.  Inconvenient, but apparantly
> a necessary evil.
>
> > c) To get a fixed version download a snapshot cygwin dll.
>
> That too?  Alright.

Thats a must. There are some serious problems "in the kernel" - as
opposed to a header file issue which is all the missing macro is.

Rob