Cygwin 1.3.2-1 Problems with CR/LF in Perl

Hi,
   I've been trying to write a perl script to edit a text file.  The cut
down version of it is a little further down.  It's pretty simple, read a
file in and dump it out.  My problem is that successive runs creates a
string of CR on each
line.  Every time I run it another CR is added.  To get rid of them I have
to use chomp, then chop and append my own \n.  Perl appears to be reading
the CR/LF characters separately and then out as CR/CR/LF.  This is supposed
to work on unix as well so I can't go chopping unnecessarily.  Running the
same program under DOS (probably using windows' perl) doesn't cause any
problems.  Perl version is 5.6.1 for cygwin.  On installation I told cygwin
to use Dos text format (cvs handles the dos/unix interchange).

Gavin Walker
Canberra, Australia

#!perl -w
use strict;

rename("file2","file1");
open(F1,"file1");
open(F2,">file2");
while(<F1>) {
    # have to use chomp; chop; print F2 $_ . "\n"; to get it to work
    print F2;
}
close(F1);
close(F2);