Question?

I have currently installed cygwin on my computer(Windows2000 professional).
I really like it.  When i installed it created a home directory for users
that i already had added aka "Chris and Administrator" but now that i have
added users on It has not, and when I try to "createuser newuser" i recieve
psql: connectDBStart() -- connect() failed: No such file or directory
        Is the postmaster running locally
        and accepting connections on Unix socket '/tmp/.s.PGSQL.5432'?
createuser: creation of user "chris" failed.
Just wondering if you can help me out.