Re: Missing wide character functions in libc.a

BTW, this subject (wide and multibyte character functions in cygwin)
just came up on the XEmacs-nt list.  Ben Wing is trying to get "MULE"
support for XEmacs to work on cygwin (MULE is some sort of
character-coding, wide-char, unicode thingy...)

Anyway, check the xemacs-nt mailing list if you're interested:
http://list-archive.xemacs.org/xemacs-nt/

(Also, you may see references to a possible (new) bug in sscanf -- I
haven't had time to track that one down, and forgot to mention it.  I'll
put that in its own thread)

(Chris hates these taglines, but here goes:
Just a datapoint.

--Chuck

Hmm...the message I was referring to doesn't seem to have made it into
the xemacs-nt archives.  Well, here it is from my local copy:

> Ben Wing wrote:
> Mostly I've done a bunch of cleanup work.  I also fixed the various bugs pointed
> out by Fabrice, Daniel Pittman, and others, although not yet Matej's, which are
> harder.  It definitely should work on Windows w/Mule [probably without as well],
> and Cygwin w/o Mule.  Probably on other platforms as well.  One problem I've
> noticed so far is with Cygwin w/Mule: you get a crash at startup in
> parse-unicode-translation-table.  I don't quite know what the problem is and
> haven't been able to debug it yet, as the debugger keeps locking up.

David A. Cobb responded.