Re: Grep & recursion

Ronald,

I cannot replicate your results when invoking grep as you indicate from a
Cygwin BASH shell. There is an extensive directory structure and there were
in fact many files with the pattern "foo" but the diagnostic about
"Permission denied" on directories never appeared.

-==-
% grep --version
grep (GNU grep) 2.4.2

Copyright 1988, 1992-1999, 2000 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
-==-

-==-
BASH_VERSINFO=([0]="2" [1]="05" [2]="0" [3]="8" [4]="release"
[5]="i686-pc-cygwin")
BASH_VERSION=$'2.05.0(8)-release'
-==-

-==-
% cygcheck -s

Cygnus Win95/NT Configuration Diagnostics
Current System Time: Wed Sep 12 12:56:06 2001

WinNT Ver 5.0 build 2195

     Cygwin DLL version info:
         dll major: 1003
         dll minor: 2
         dll epoch: 19
         dll bad signal mask: 19005
         dll old termios: 5
         dll malloc env: 28
         api major: 0
         api minor: 39
         shared data: 3
         dll identifier: cygwin1
         mount registry: 2
         cygnus registry name: Cygnus Solutions
         cygwin registry name: Cygwin
         program options name: Program Options
         cygwin mount registry name: mounts v2
         cygdrive flags: cygdrive flags
         cygdrive prefix: cygdrive prefix
         cygdrive default prefix:
         build date: Sun May 20 23:28:17 EDT 2001
         shared id: cygwin1S3
-==-

-==-
% mount
D:\cygwin\bin on /usr/bin type system (binmode)
D:\cygwin\lib on /usr/lib type system (binmode)
D:\cygwin on / type system (binmode)