Re: icecast-1.3.11 port to cygwin

Christopher Faylor wrote:

>One thing that I should mention is that signals only work with cygwin
>functions.  You can't do a "ReadFile" or a "Sleep" and expect the call
>to be interrupted by a signal.
>
>So, if icecast is mixing Windows functions and UNIX signals this will
>be a problem.
>
>cgf

i believe icecast does not do so. i explicitly compiled the cygwin
icecast with -mno-win32 flag because otherwise it would try to use win32
threads and include the wrong config.h file (in their build system,
they've put up a win32config.h that gets included when _WIN32 is defined).

i'd like to say greetings to christopher! i've read many documents in
cygwin that is signed by your name! i just want to let your know that I
use cygwin regularly as if it has become part of my life (it is really
part of my life).

i guess this will mark a temporary dormancy of this discussion when I
try to find out what is wrong with icecast/cygwin.

liulk