 -----Original Message-----
From: 	Adam Miller [mailto:gaivs_petronivs@yahoo.com]
Sent:	Sunday, September 16, 2001 11:45
To:	cygwin@cygwin.com
Subject:	Cygwin doesn't know me! <sob>

Hello all,

I'm running the latest cygwin under Windows 2000 Pro.
This is on my home computer, and it isn't networked,
though as soon as I have time, I'll be changing that
with the help of a couple 456s, debian, samba, and
some cabling.  :)

My username on my computer is "adam", and I have
administrative priviledges.

When I first ran cygwin, I noticed that the command
prompt read "I have no name!@CARTHAGO ~" (CARTHAGO is
my computer).  My home directory is /home/500, and the
contents of $USER is "500".  Does anyone know why it
isn't picking up my windows username?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Adam

=====