Re: zip, unzip and non-ASCII symbols in filenames

egor duda <deo@logos-m.ru> writes:

> try to
> set CYGWIN=%CYGWIN% codepage:ansi
>
> this should make cygwin's zip/unzip handle non-ascii characters in the
> same way as native infozip's zip/unzip do.

Thanks, it seems to fix incompatibility with native Infozip; still I
see that for some other archives (probably created with WinZip)
filename corruption persists (although corruption is different in
different modes); inside the archives filenames are stored in OEM
(cp866) encoding. Native Infozip unpacks these archives correctly.

> or you should build native versions with added 'SetFileApisToOEM ()'
> call at startup.

Actually I'm going to use only cygwin version myself; my concern is
being able to correctly unzip archives made by other people.

--
 							With regards, Roman.