RE: Shell execution

>From /usr/doc/Cygwin/cron.README:

"On NT/W2K run cron under SYSTEM account
as service to use that feature. Note that you don't have access to
net shares in the child processes then."

Which means m: (and thus /cygdrive/m)
is likely not mapped when your cron job is running...
as you discovered.

Search the archives for similar discussions on this
subject.  A search on Google for cygwin +cron +mount +username
should do the trick I'd imagine.

A nifty little trick I've learned... if you don't mind
storing your NT username and password in a plain text file
somewhere on your disk (like in your script):

/winnt/system32/net use m: '\\hostname\sharename' yourpassword
'/user:YOURDOMAIN\yourusername'

and later before your script exits

/winnt/system32/net use /d m:

The security hole that this opens up should be obvious to
the casual observer... but it is effective nonetheless.

Troy