Re: setup error: MSVCRT.DLL on Windows ME

 --- "Davis, William" <wdavis01@harris.com> wrote: > Sorry if this is a
repeat for anyone, but I do not see the message
> in the mailing list archives and I see some of my replies after it.
> Perhaps this was discarded because it was sent before I subscribed
> to the list to read replies.
>
> I am trying to install CYGWIN on a Sony VAIO laptop that is running
> Windows Millenium Edition.
>
> I checked the FAQ and searched the mailing list archives but this
> problem does not seem to be mentioned.  I also searched the web with
> couple of search engines but that did not turn up anything relevant.
>
> I tried to install two different ways: network and download for local
> install.  I did not check the src box for any of the packages on
> either
> attempt.
>
> NETWORK INSTALL ATTEMPT:
>
> I tried the online install, but it always hangs.  Something mentioned
> virus scanners, so I ftp'ed setup.exe and scanned it and then ran it
> locally.  It hangs and I think this log is from that attempt:
>
> 2001/09/27 11:29:57 Starting cygwin install, version 2.78.2.9
> Current Directory: D:\FutureSTT\cygwin_local_package_temp
> source: network install
> Selected local directory: D:\FutureSTT\cygwin_local_package_temp
> source: download
> Selected local directory: D:\FutureSTT\cygwin_local_package_temp
> net: Direct
> get_url_to_string http://sources.redhat.com/cygwin/mirrors.lst
> site: ftp://planetmirror.com/pub/sourceware/cygwin
> get_url_to_string
> ftp://planetmirror.com/pub/sourceware/cygwin/setup.ini
> ftp > h
> ftp > h
> ftp > h
> ...  lots more lines with h as the command (which does not seem like
> good command to be handing to ftp).

Did you disable your virus scanner before running setup.exe?  At least
one I know of has crazy problems with programs that use CreateProcess
under Win9x.

Danny

http://travel.yahoo.com.au - Yahoo! Travel
- Got Itchy feet? Get inspired!