Re: DOS textfile mode & files with "0a" line endings: CVS creates "0d0a"

David M. Karr wrote:

>I have a Cygwin installation (based on 1.3.2).  I run Cygwin-XEmacs.  My mounts
>are text mode.  When I create a new text file and store it, I can use "od -h"
>to show that the lines end with "0a", and not "0d0a".  This is fine.

that's exactly why: your mounts are in text mode. you should try to
mount the filesystem in binmode if you want total control over 0a line
ending or 0d0a line ending. text mode always mingles with line
separators, whereas binmode leave everything as is. text editors like
emacs and vim are capable of distinguishing line ending modes and output
files of either line separator format.

liulk