rsh: "Permission denied" on file creation. Cygwin 1.3.3 on W2K Adv Srv SP2.

Whenever I try to create a file through rsh I get a "Permission denied".
Other commands issued through rsh work.
rcp constantly returns "Permission denied" when creating a new file, but can
overwrite an existing one.

Below is a transcript of two sessions from a linux box sc8, where I am
logged in as the user "vmware". The machine jhje-linux is a Linux box,
having the user jhje; sc-libpharm01 is the cygwin box having the user libx.
Both of these users have an .rhosts file (permission 600) in their home
directory with the single entry

	sc8	vmware

I can remove and modify existing files on the cygwin box, but cannot create
new files. This works fine on the Linux box.

I am logged into the correct directory as the correct user as shown by
whoami and pwd executed through rsh. Is the remote environment still screwed
up someway, or could it be a Windows file security issue ?

I have tried creating a new directory /testdir to see if my home directory's
permissions were at fault. Same thing. I have not touched the permissions on
the home directories. They were created for me by cygwin when starting a
bash shell as Administrator and libx.

best regards

-- Jan Holst Jensen, Novo Nordisk A/S, Denmark
==========================
System configuration: Win2000 Adv. Server SP2 with Cygwin 1.3.3, inetutils
1.3.2-14, installed using setup.exe from the mirror at
ftp://sunsite.auc.dk/mirrors/cygwin.

Accounts: Administrator and libx.

---------------------- Accessing the linux box, creating a file and cat'ing
it --------------------
[vmware@sc8 vmware]$ rsh -l jhje jhje-linux ls
Desktop
PasDoc
fpc
io
nsmail
[vmware@sc8 vmware]$ rsh -l jhje jhje-linux "echo Hello > test.txt"
[vmware@sc8 vmware]$ rsh -l jhje jhje-linux cat test.txt
Hello
[vmware@sc8 vmware]$ rsh -l jhje jhje-linux ls
Desktop
PasDoc
fpc
io
nsmail
test.txt
[vmware@sc8 vmware]$

--------- Accessing cygwin box, trying to do the same as above ----------
[vmware@sc8 vmware]$ rsh -l libx sc-libpharm01 whoami
libx
[vmware@sc8 vmware]$ rsh -l libx sc-libpharm01 pwd
/home/libx
[vmware@sc8 vmware]$ rsh -l libx sc-libpharm01 ls
bin
io
tmp
[vmware@sc8 vmware]$ rsh -l libx sc-libpharm01 "echo Hello > test.txt"
[vmware@sc8 vmware]$ rsh -l libx sc-libpharm01 cat test.txt
[vmware@sc8 vmware]$ rsh -l libx sc-libpharm01 ls
bin
io
tmp
[vmware@sc8 vmware]$

---------
Now, I go to the cygwin box and execute "echo Hello > test.txt" from a bash
shell. Then:

[vmware@sc8 vmware]$ rsh -l libx sc-libpharm01 rm test.txt
[vmware@sc8 vmware]$ rsh -l libx sc-libpharm01 ls
bin