Re: Can't run Make under Cygwin on Win2000

turner@uvs.is wrote:

> The subject says it all. When I run *any* Makefile I get this error:
> Makefile:644: *** missing separator. Stop
>
> This is wierd because the Makefiles in question have be auto generated by
> Perl during an install of some Perl modules.
>
> I really need this to work since I will be doing a lot of Perl development
> on my Win2000 box.

Are you using 'textmode' drive mounts or 'binmode' drive mapping?  If
the former, you should be using the latter.  When running Setup, choose
"Unix" for the question for "Default Text file type" and you should
be good to go.

I have no problem building Perl modules under CygWin and W2K.

HTH

John

--
John Peacock