ssh-add - Could not open a connection to your authentication agent.

I just tried to upgrade again (after having previously run into the
authentication agent issue)  Unfortunately the ssh-add issue still exists.
When I do ssh-add I get:
 Could not open a connection to your authentication agent.

As suggested in:
The bug is in cygwin1.dll.  My current version of the cygwin package
is 1.3.3-2 and the previous is 1.3.2-1, where it worked.  It appeas
that cygwin package has not been updated since the september release
that introduced the problem?

As suggested I downloaded a recent snapshot.  cygwin1-20011029.dll.bz2
from http://sources.redhat.com/cygwin/snapshots/ and put the
uncompressed dll into c:/bin.

The ssh-add problem is fixed but then when I try to do
   ssh -X -f host xemacs ...
I get
   write failed: the descriptor is a file, not a socket.

So, I presume that I need to get more of the snapshot?
Or perhaps the cygwin package will be updated soon?

-jeff