RE: cygdrive

> On Thursday 1 Nov 01, =?iso-8859-1?Q?Stephan_G=F6tter?= writes:
> > well, in the FAQ is a link to a message and i got it from there.
> >
> > http://www.cygwin.com/faq/faq_4.html#SEC33

Ah yes, sorry for my initial silly reply.  I was looking at another
FAQ entry which did not have the leading '/' character, which I see
now is incorrect.

Stephan, if you type 'mount -p' you'll probably see both user and
system mounts:

Prefix              Type         Flags
/cygdrive           user         textmode
/test               system       textmode

But of course the user setting takes precedence.  I don't know if it
makes sense to "remove" the user cygdrive prefix.  If it doesn't,
you're only choice (that I see) is to omit the -s option and do it for
the user.  And that means do it for *each* user.

I'll probably have to amend the FAQ entry to explain this.

Thanks,
David