Re: setup testers wanted - again!

On Fri, 2001-11-02 at 13:11, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 02, 2001 at 01:06:00PM +1100, Robert Collins wrote:
> >The can't access top most categories after collapsing a big category bug
> >has been fixed.
> >
> >Still on the TODO:
> >* src tickbox behaviour is non-intuitive
>
> This is not new behavior, though, is it?  Isn't this the same as the
> "standard" version?

It's a little different - things have diverged over time IIRC. In trying
to make it better I think we've added confusion.

> >* wide descriptions get truncated.
>
> Is this due to the fact that there is no horizontal scrollbar?

Possibly, in fact there is meant to be an automatic horizontal
scrollbar, which I think isn't being triggered now because of the size
change. A sufficiently long description should trigger it. I haven't
looked yet.

> There are a couple problems which I reported in cygwin-developers:
>
> 1) Unless you've made changes, the current dialog box doesn't
>    work well with 640x480 screens.

Yes, and that needs fixing. However I'm in favour of a resizeable
window, which is harder still :|.

> 2) There is a problem with on-disk installations.  Sometimes the
>    default selection is "Uninstall" when it shouldn't be.

Can you tell me how to reproduce?

> Chuck Wilson also reported problems.  Have those been fixed?

Nope, I've got his mail in my inbox still. My first set of goals is
usability - cause that's what tends to generate 1000's of emails.

The occasional thing being uninstalled or reinstalled by mistake is
trivial by comparison.

Rob