login fails, but ssh works?!

Hi,

I set up my Windows 2K Prof. SR2 to offer a ssh login, using
a cygnus 1.3.3 installation, updatet with setup.exe last friday.

I followed the instructions on http://tech.erdelynet.com with
CYGWIN=ntsec tty.

ssh logins work either with publickey or with password, depending
on the availability of a key. It works from a local bash and from
remote clients with all users from my passwd file, local AND from
our domain server.

BUT I can't use login to change my local acount (works on my win98 box,
with crypt passwords), effect:

 >$ login
 >login: admin
 >Password:.........
 >Login incorrect
 >login:

I have to kill the login process then.

Is this a bug or a feature? Did I miss something in login.README or
inetutils-1.3.2.README or somewhere else?

(small break)

I just upgraded to the current Cygwin Version, including cygwin 1.3.4-2,
the feature is still there.

Volker