Re: mkgroup -d failed with error 1332 (LookupAccountName)

On Fri, Nov 09, 2001 at 04:36:17PM -0800, Joshua McClintock wrote:
> LookupAccountName (\\LINUXPDC, Domain Admins) failed with error 1332
> LookupAccountName (\\LINUXPDC, Domain Users) failed with error 1332
>
> Does anyone have a clue about how I can fix this or an idea about what the
> problem is? The backend is a Samba 2.2.2 server. Anyone know why mkgroup is
> failing this query?

You did a look into error 1332?  It means

    No mapping between account names and security IDs was done.

The LookupAccountName() function asks your Samba server for the
SID of these names and gets that error code back instead of an
answer.  Perhaps an error in Samba 2.2.2 since the _same_ server
did actually return these names in an earlier call (NetGroupEnum).

Corinna

Red Hat, Inc.