Re: AW: QT Tools

Hallo Ralf,

Am 2001-11-10 um 22:05 schriebst du:

>> I fetched 2.3.2 and want also try 3.0, but at first get up 2.3.2 running.
>> I used your patch (there is one little typo, but it builds great.
>> I also configured with thread support.

> Threat support works ? If had trouble compiling this

Well, I don't know how to verify, it compiles ok.

> Would this speed up for example kde apps ?

Depends on the application, if it uses threads...

>> and want also try 3.0

> I have downloaded qt 3.0 beta 6 some weeks ago and recognized that there are
> serious problems with the xfree libs if configuring with xft. I have tried to
> compile the xft lib, but this lib depends on some other libs and on one point
> compiling xlib was broken.
> After some workarounds I have gotten the related xlib compiled, but on starting
> a qt example I got an access violation error while the run time loader tries to
> load some xlibs. :-(
> (This are the errors, that I don't like) So I have stopped this for a while.
> Currently I have reconfigured qt 3.0 without xft so see, if there are some other
> problems.

> If I have any resilt I will report about this.

>> > Is there anyone who can help with this ?
>>
>> Hmmm, don't know bindlib_w32, what is the problem?
>>

> bindlib_w32 seems to be the same lib as libresolv and is used for php4, but
> ported to more platforms including native win32 and contains some more
> functions like writev.c.

Are these additional functions needed? I found bindlib_w32 at the php site,
but they didn't include a Makefile...

> Unfortunally both libs does not contain any test app, so I can't say if the libs
> are full working or not.
> So currently I can only say "it-seems-to-be-okay" but this depends on the qt
> examples,  how far they use this lib. (I have configured bindlib_w32 as for a
> linux  system.)

I'll try with an old libresolv now.

Ciao,

Gerrit P. Haase                            mailto:gp@familiehaase.de