RE: Setup Failed to Create /home directory

Try to see if this variable is set in Windows
by opening a DOS console and typing

echo %HOME%

On my setup I get

Cygwin bash:
  echo $HOME
  /home/dwh

DOS console:
  echo %HOME%
  %HOME%

i.e., there is no HOME enviroment variable setup,
yet the Bash shell generates one within its
environment space.

If you happen to get

DOS console
  echo %HOME%
  c:/

then it would explain why you see /cygdrive/c
under Bash.

Dave