Re: aux.c special name?

   From: Corinna Vinschen <cygwin@cygwin.com>
   Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2001 22:38:49 +0100

   On Mon, Nov 12, 2001 at 03:27:22PM -0500, Roland Glenn McIntosh wrote:
   > This is weird and poses difficulty porting packages that have an aux.c file.

   Windows "feature".  Same for other DOS special device names as
   e.g. "com" or "prn".  Once I asked the maintainers of a package
   to rename the aux.c file to something which doesn't clash with
   Windows weirdness and they actually did it.  Thanks to the OpenSSH
   maintainers!

I store stock quotes in files - ie IBM quotes go into IBM.  Works
great until you get to PRN and RCS.  RCS broke because I already had a
RCS source control directory.  I never understood why PRN failed...

thanks.  -jeff