tcsh, gcc/g++ problem

I updated my cygwin installation today to the most recent
DLL and here are some problems I'm facing! Any ideas!

1] tcsh complains that cygncurses5.dll is not present!
I see a copy of cygncurses6.dll on my hard disk. Anyone
knows what the problem is??

2] My g++ says out of memory when I reserve a vector of 256Mb!!
I dont know if this is a problem with cygwin or my code, just
that the code works for everything else below 256Mb and crashes
at 256Mb. I have 512 Mb RAM and I dont see why there should be
a problem. I did use this code in the past without problems for values
larger than 256Mb!

Please send a copy of your reply to piyush at acm dot org.

Thanks for your comments in advance,
--Piyush