libxml2.dll, libxslt.dll, problems with executables linked to dll's

Hallo Cygwinners,

I have build libxml2 with a shared lib at my homebox.
I copied it to my officebox, now after unpacking, the included
testprograms don't work.  As I tested at home, there were no
problems starting the testprogram, now I get an error from Windows
stating:
"The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000022).
Click OK to terminate the application."

Now I found with google:
"The code 0xC0000022 indicates "access denied." This error generally
occurs after applying a hotfix. See Q307012 to fix."

I never applied a hotfix, other applications work fine, I rebuilt this
dll at the local box, the same error, so what the hell is going on here?

I have this permissions:
-rwxrwxrwx    1 Gerrit   Administ     9216 Nov 12 09:19 testDocbook.exe
-rwxr-xr-x    1 Gerrit   Administ  1744678 Nov 14 01:33 ../../bin/cygxml2-2.dll

Hmmm, I am the owner, I am Administrator... I have an 'x' everywhere?

Lets look at the other dll's:
$  cygcheck ./testDocbook.exe
./testDocbook.exe
  C:\cygwin\usr\local\bin\cygxml2-2.dll
    C:\cygwin\usr\local\bin\cygiconv-2.dll
      C:\cygwin\bin\cygwin1.dll
        C:\WINNT\System32\KERNEL32.dll
          C:\WINNT\System32\ntdll.dll
    C:\cygwin\bin\cygz.dll

Use -h to see help about each section

iconv?

-rw-r--r--    1 Gerrit   Administ   889789 Jul 23 10:22 ../../bin/cygiconv-2.dll

Yep thats it, wow, me glad again;)

If someone is interested, libxml-1.8.16, libxml2-2.4.10 are up to be fetched,
libxslt-1.0.7 will follow this afternoon, all with shared libs.
http://timtowtdi.multimania.com/cygwin/xml/

Sorry, there are only the standard source packages, no patches, but I changed
nothing relevant, parts of the docu, and two minimal changes in configure.in
and the Makefile.am's to convince libtool to build shared libs, I regenerated
configure and Makefile.in's that was the main part.  There are some problems
now which cannot be patched, the generated Makefiles after configuring have
errors, so are the libs not included at the linkline of libxslt and I don't
know why, I did it manually during build process and some other minor issues.
With a little investigation, everything builds.
However, the easier way is to load down the binary packages;)

They depend on a shared libiconv which I get from Ch. Wilsons site,
(!!!but he will not support this package, and I will not support libiconv too!!!):
ftp.uni-erlangen.de/pub/pc/gnuwin32/cygwin/porters/Wilson_Charles_S/robert-collins/other/

and be aware, the permissions of cygiconv-2.dll need to be changed!

Gerrit
--
convey Information Systems GmbH                   http://www.convey.de/
                                                  Vitalisstraße 326-328