Re: utime Bug?

Hi!

Wednesday, 14 November, 2001 chad fowler chadfowler@yahoo.com wrote:

cf> When you use utime to set the actime to 0 (the epoch),
cf> stat will show actime as being whatever modtime is set
cf> to for that file.  If you set it to anything else (1,
cf> for example), actime is reflected accurately by stat.

cf> Am I off base?  The same code on my Debian box returns
cf> the epoc for atime (instead of the modtime value).

you should provide some details. a small testcase demonstrating a
problem is highly desirable. see http://cygwin.com/cygwin/bugs.html
for bug-reporting buidelines.

fwiw, this snippet:

#include <utime.h>
int main()
{
  struct utimbuf s;
  s.actime = s.modtime = 0;
  return (utime ("./x", &s));
}

correctly sets access and modification times for file './x' with
cygwin-1.3.5 on windows nt 4.0