Re: indent.exe strangeness

Hallo Robert,

2001-11-15 16:31:49, du schriebst:

> Uhmm I said "write in binary mode" and thats what you just said "output
> file is in binmode". I don't understand where I was wrong.

>> What about a patch that would fopen() every file in binmode and write
> it
>> back according to the mount?

> I think that textmode.o is the correct tool rather than a patch - read
> every file in textmode (they are source after all :]) and write in
> textmode.

Oops sorry, I meant open() in textmode and write according to the mounttype,
in binmode or in textmode.
If I use textmode as default wouldn't every file be written in textmode?

I patched only two lines now and it works ok., well if you open a file it
is read in textmode and on a textmount it will be written in textmode, on
a binmode mount it will be written in binmode. Vice versa for texmode files.

Then it depends on the mount type and not on how the lineendings of the input
file were.

Gerrit
--
convey Information Systems GmbH                   http://www.convey.de/