Re: Linking to commercial dll's

David Westbury wrote:

> Dll's seem to be an especially difficult subject in cygwin, requiring
> detailed knowlege of the MS way of doing things.

Unfortunately, yes.

> Are dll's not
> standardized?

Unfortunately, no.

> Is a "cookbook" approach to dll linking not possible?

Not yet.  Soon this will be possible, but not quite yet (we're still
waiting for the final piece, libtool-with-autoimport-support).  Work is
progressing.

> The
> issue seems to be a steep hill for an average working programmer, like
me,
> to climb.

Yep.  I'm afraid that right now, you must actually learn some new
stuff.  Eventually it will be turnkey, but not yet.

See http://www.neuro.gatech.edu/users/cwilson/cygutils/V1.1/dll-stuff

--Chuck