bash.exe: warning: could not find /tmp, please create!

I have reinstalled with "for all" and I have the same error.

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Corinna Vinschen [mailto:cygwin@cygwin.com]
Envoye : mercredi 21 novembre 2001 10:38
A : 'cygwin@cygwin.com'
Objet : Re: bash.exe: warning: could not find /tmp, please create!

On Wed, Nov 21, 2001 at 07:53:05AM +0100, ROUWEZ Stephane wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have installed Cygwin on WinNT4 SP6. When I'm connected with user 'XY'
> > and I start Cygwin, It gives to me :
> >
> > bash.exe: warning: could not find /tmp, please create!
> > bash: /etc/profile: no medium
> > bash: /.bash_profile: no medium
> > bash-2.05$
> >
> > and I can't do anything. /tmp exist ! Can anybody help me ?

Setup gives you the choice to install "for me" or "for all" at one
point.  If you've choosen "for me" the Cygwin mount points aren't
visible for any other user.  Login as the user which installed
Cygwin and change all mount points to system mount points using
the `mount' command.  mount --help will give you a clue.

Corinna

Red Hat, Inc.