Re: Unable to compile MySQL under cygwin

Hello Gerrit,

I was using the last cvs version of MySQL. (cvs source
download started at 2001-12-02, 14:00 :) ).

There was no configure in the directory when i
downloaded it.

Seemed to be the 4.0 alpha version.

Did compile OK with the 3.13 sources, so don't care.

 --- "Gerrit P. Haase" <gp@familiehaase.de> a écrit :
> Hallo Sylvain,
>
> Am 2001-12-02 um 15:50 schriebst du:
>
> > Hi all,
>
> > Trying to compile last MySQL version gives me
> > an error while running autoconf (version 2.52) :
>
> Which version is the last?
> I built 4.0 'release' and there is a configure
> script included
> so there is no need to run autoconf.
> If you get it from CVS and no configure is included,
> then
> there are twio possibilities:
> 1. autoconf 2.52 isn't supported by the mysql
> hackers and
>    you need to use 2.13
> 2. it is a bug in configure.in
>
> > How could I solve this problem ?
>
> Have you tried to use autoupdate?
> Have you looked at the mysql support pages if it is
> a known
> bug?
>
> Use the released versions, 3.23.44 or 4.0, both were
> build
> by me and it works nearly OOTB (only one patch
> needed, is attached).
>
> I attached also my buildscript because it is
> important which options
> you choose, e.g --enable-assembler doesn't work.
>
> Ciao,
>
> Gerrit P. Haase
> mailto:gp@familiehaase.de
> --