Re: CYGWIN and rlogin - non inheritance of variable CYGWIN

arnaud GAND wrote:

> I fully apologize because my problem was that I did not restart my
> computer. When reading the doc,
> I understood "form start on" as "from start on bash". Sorry. I made
> another tests with new system variables
> and I found that these new system variables was not set in rlogin
> session.
> So I reboot my NT4 station and now it's clear for me.I needed to
> reboot first my
> computer before testing rlogin.
>
> Thank you very much, it helped me focused further on this weird
> behaviour.
>
> Arnaud

One note about NT and above (not sure about Windows 9x/Me).  If you
set/modify variables in the system environment, you don't need to reboot
to see the effects.  Just restart the processes that need to see those
variables.  In this case, 'net stop inetd', 'net start inetd' should do...