RE: default mounts

David Starks-Browning [starksb@ebi.ac.uk] said:
>There is an entry "Why the weird directory structure?"  in the Cygwin
>FAQ.  Did you read it?  If, after reading the FAQ entry, you still
>have questions or problems, please report them to the list.

Apparently, this FAQ is accurate.  The problem is, there are files
installed into /usr/lib, which the mounts will override.  See below.

Larry Hall (RFK Partners, Inc) [lhall@rfk.com] said:
>I suggest you remove any symlinks
>to for directories that setup.exe uses as mounts prior to using setup.
>I expect that was your problem during installation of the latest Cygwin
>version.

I did, and setup.exe recreated the mounts.  From the FAQ above, it seems
this is the expected behavior.  But it does not explain the files in
the original directory.  This is a list of those files:

/usr/bin/glut32.dll
/usr/lib/mingw/libglui.a
/usr/lib/mingw/libgluix.a
/usr/lib/libglui.a
/usr/lib/libgluix.a

I could not find any package that provides 'glut'.  Should I just delete
these files?

--jc
--
jching@adtech-inc.com     Adtech, Inc.    (808) 734-3300