Re: bash/cmd CTRL-C problem...

----- Original Message -----
From: "Christopher Faylor" <>

> On Wed, Jan 09, 2002 at 11:57:04AM +1100, Robert Collins wrote:

:}. Lol.

> I'm specifically trying not to do the "TRUE" thing, though, since
> it isn't always appropriate.

If you want to SIG_IGN the signal, then it is:
"When a CTRL+C signal is received, the control handler returns TRUE,
indicating that it has handled the signal. Doing this prevents other
control handlers from being called."
(note that this is within this process only).

> For the record, I really appreciate your tracking this down.  I
> understand the issues here.  These issues have been around for a long
> and the problems that you uncovered are probably responsible for some
> longstanding cygwin strangeness.

No probs.

Unsubscribe info:
Bug reporting: