This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: cygipc shmat bug
- From: "Robert Collins" <robert dot collins at itdomain dot com dot au>
- To: "Michael Haubenwallner" <michael dot haubenwallner at salomon dot at>,"Christophe LEITIENNE" <cleitienne at wanadoo dot fr>
- Cc: <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Sat, 2 Feb 2002 09:16:57 +1100
- Subject: Re: cygipc shmat bug
- References: <3C5937FE.C87567DD@salomon.at> <3C59465A.65EBEF58@salomon.at>
----- Original Message -----
From: "Michael Haubenwallner" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> The problem is, that the pid-numbering of Windows is quite "confuse"
> (i don't know any better word), meaning that a later ipctest.exe
> gets the same pid as before, while the attach before with the same
> pid is not removed from the list yet.
So don't test by PID, test by handle. IIRC I've already suggested that.
Also, IIRC (Chris, Corinna you may have encountered evidence about this)
if you have a handle open for a process, it's PID isn't recycled until
all the handles have been closed).
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html