Virtual Timers / Clock unsupported?

I'm experiencing 3 bugs with a server that works perfectly fine when I =
run it under Linux.
1. The timezone name/initials are reported as being available (to =
'configure') but when the server tries to get/create the initials, it =
ends up blank...
2. I am running the server in a Eastern Time environment (GMT -5 hrs). =
The time that Cygwin tells the server is 3 hours past my time.
3. When the server creates a virtual timer to time-out a network =
connection, it occurs immidiately.

If being more specific about the server would help at all, the server is =
a modified version of the LambdaMOO Server... Everything else works =
fine.

Does anyone know of a solution to this problem (when I installed Cygwin =
I was never asked to configure anything; is there some program I need to =
run to configure it?)?

Plz CC to my email as I am not subscribed to this Mailing list...

Thx!