This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: A real fork() on NT
- From: "Chris January" <chris at atomice dot net>
- To: <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Sun, 3 Feb 2002 14:31:40 -0000
- Subject: Re: A real fork() on NT
- References: <006e01c1a96a$f60429a0$aace0544@CX535256D> <E16VsW4-0001P8email@example.com> <20020130131416.D11608@cygbert.vinschen.de> <013a01c1ab96$839eefc0$0100a8c0@advent02> <20020202032243.GD6842@redhat.com>
> I doubt that either Corinna or I want to transcribe the book for this
> mailing list. And, I'm pretty sure that neither of us has that much
> experience with the routines in the book. I did play with the
> implementation and realized that it would take quite a bit of work to
> perfect for cygwin. For one thing, it doesn't seem to concern itself
> with dlls.
> I don't remember if there were other issues.
Well I found that console handles aren't inherited properly under Windows
2000, which is one major issue :-)
I will continue to work on this and see if I can come up some