This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
chmod in cygwin
- From: David Starks-Browning <starksb at ebi dot ac dot uk>
- To: John Miller <John_Miller at RedBack dot com>
- Cc: bug-fileutils at gnu dot org, cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2002 17:50:48 +0000
- Subject: chmod in cygwin
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Sorry bug-fileutils, I don't think this is your problem.
On Monday 4 Feb 02, John Miller writes:
> I hope this isn't a stupid question. When I try to use chmod, it doesn't do
> what I expect.
> See below. Am I doing something wrong? I'm running Windows NT 4.0 sp6. I've
> tried with Windows 2000 with same results.
John, please read the Cygwin FAQ entry "Why doesn't chmod work?". If
that does not answer your question, report back to the cygwin list,
not to bug-fileutils.
(Cygwin FAQ maintainer)
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html