This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Why not a news server?
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf at redhat dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Cc: Andrew at DeFaria dot com
- Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2002 19:05:17 -0500
- Subject: Re: Why not a news server?
- References: <3C606B11.7060306@DeFaria.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Tue, Feb 05, 2002 at 03:30:25PM -0800, Andrew DeFaria wrote:
>News servers were created exactly to address this issue. It is the
>medium developed exactly for what we are trying to do here. Am I so
>wrong to ask why we are not using the medium?!?.
As a wild guess, I suppose because a newsgroup isn't available?
If you feel this strongly about a news server then I see no reason why
you shouldn't set one up. I'll be happy to advertise the service on
the cygwin web site.
I'd suggest that you gateway the cygwin mailing list into news, and
vice versa. That would probably be optimum.
I have several other great ideas which I'll be happy to share with you
once you've gotten your service set up.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html