From: Christopher Faylor [mailto:cygwin@cygwin.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 06, 2002 10:26 AM
To: cygwin@cygwin.com
Subject: Re: install 'cron' packages in cygwin

On Wed, Feb 06, 2002 at 06:00:35PM -0000, Prakriteswar Santikary wrote:
>I checked the output from 'cygcheck -s'.  There is an entry called
>'vim' and there is no -src against it, but I don't see any vim.exe
>either under /bin or /sbin or /usr/sbin.  When I type 'vim' at the
>dollar prompt, it says 'command not found'.  How do I check whether
>'vim' is installed or not ?

The purpose of cygcheck is to determine what has been installed on your
system.

It's hard to conceive of a situation where you ran setup.exe, it seemed
to successfully install the package, and nothing showed up in /bin.

If I had to guess, I'd say that you had just installed the -src packages
somehow and not the binary, possibly by clicking on the source column
and not on the "Skip" column when you ran setup.exe.

I don't know if there is a problem with cygcheck.exe where it is reporting
a binary package being installed when it isn't, but that's my educated
guess.

cgf