Porting SSHD to WinNT

Hi !
I'm currently working with porting a sshd server to WinNT.

I have compiled it using Cygwin, but what about the user authentication?
Is it mapped to Windows authentication in Cygwin, when I try to log in with
my <domain>\<userid> the authentication fails on the server side.
Do I need to use the windows API for user authentication here ?
Have another question also, when requesting a shell, the sshd calls /bin/sh.
This is a cygwin feature, shouldn't I go for a NT shell instead(cmd.exe) ??

Thanks in advance for any hints/solutions in this matter !
Best Regards !
/