This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
- From: "Robert Collins" <robert dot collins at itdomain dot com dot au>
- To: "Gary R. Van Sickle" <g dot r dot vansickle at worldnet dot att dot net>,<cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2002 19:18:43 +1100
- Subject: Re: /dev/registry
- References: <NCBBIHCHBLCMLBLOBONKEEBPCKAA.firstname.lastname@example.org>
----- Original Message -----
From: "Gary R. Van Sickle" <email@example.com>
> Well, it looks like I'll be the only one, but this sounds to me like
> *BAD* idea. It seems to me to be hard enough to keep the Windows
> one piece even if you don't dink with it; I shudder to think what
> sombody with fat fingers and an itchy TAB finger (i.e. me):
> cat HundredsOfMBsOfCrap >
> I'm trying to think where this would actually be useful, but I'm
> blank. It seems to me that the registry should have at least a
> barrier to entry than the command line.
cat HundredsOfMbsOfCrap > /vmlinuz.
cat HundredsOfMbsOfCrap > /etc/rc0.d/...
Hmm, doesn't seem much different.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html