This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: How does setup.exe (without setup.ini) distinguish between different versions of the same file?
- From: Charles Wilson <cwilson at ece dot gatech dot edu>
- To: fergus at bonhard dot uklinux dot net <fergus at bonhard dot uklinux dot net>
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2002 13:43:58 -0500
- Subject: Re: How does setup.exe (without setup.ini) distinguish between different versions of the same file?
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
fergus at bonhard dot uklinux dot net wrote:
> 1. setup.exe tries to install ash 20011018-1 not 20020131-1
> 2. setup.exe tries to install automake-devel 1.5b-1 not 1.5-5
> 3. setup.exe tries to install gdb 20010428-1 not 20010428-3
> 4. setup.exe tries to install libtool-devel 20010531-6 not 20020202-1
#1, #3, #4: IIRC, the currently distributed setup.exe had some problems:
it defaulted to the "PREV" version instead of the "CURR" version.
#2: 1.5b is marked as a "TEST" version -- but it IS newer than 1.5-5.
However, since you specify that you don't have a setup.ini file, there's
no way for your setup.exe to know that.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html