Re: HELP: java path and classpath question

Wally,

Unless a program has been ported to and compiled with Cygwin headers and
libraries it is a Windows program and knows nothing of POSIX (Unix-style)
file names and PATH (-type) variables. Cygwin programs will understand both
kinds of arguments. To be more precise, the Cygwin libraries take either
kind of file name, but a program that was only minimally ported to Cygwin
might make its own assumptions about what a file name looks like, and could
misinterpret a Windows-style name.

The Java tools from Sun have _not_ been ported to Cygwin, and hence you
must supply arguments in the Windows format.

Good luck.

Randy