This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: cygrunsrv does not start sshd in 1 out of 40 installs
- From: "Lassi A. Tuura" <lassi dot tuura at cern dot ch>
- To: "Hildenbrand, Patrick" <patrick dot hildenbrand at sap dot com>
- Cc: "'cygwin at cygwin dot com'" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2002 17:52:19 +0100
- Subject: Re: cygrunsrv does not start sshd in 1 out of 40 installs
- Organization: Northeastern University, Boston, USA
- References: <1275A224C449D4119CE900508B6FF0B302D32CEE@dewdfx20>
This could be due to service start-up delays. There was discussion on
this in last October or thereabouts: exactly what other services sshd
should depend on to start reliably. IIRC there were different solutions
for different conditions and no universal solution; the failures were
caused by TCP/IP or some related part had not properly started yet at
the time sshd was attempting to start.
Search the mail archive for more details. Look into your event logs to
see if there are differences in the service startup order, especially on
the failing machines.
Klein bottle for rent; enquire within.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html