This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: cygrunsrv does not start sshd in 1 out of 40 installs
- From: "Lassi A. Tuura" <lassi dot tuura at cern dot ch>
- To: "Hildenbrand, Patrick" <patrick dot hildenbrand at sap dot com>
- Cc: "'cygwin at cygwin dot com'" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 15:05:30 +0100
- Subject: Re: cygrunsrv does not start sshd in 1 out of 40 installs
- Organization: Northeastern University, Boston, USA
- References: <1275A224C449D4119CE900508B6FF0B302D32CF8@dewdfx20>
> Now anybody some hints on what might happen there ? Anything I could try to
> nail down the problem ?
Try running cygrunsrv under strace (as the service). I did this once by
hacking around the registry, it wasn't too hard, though I don't remember
exactly what I did. Remember that strace takes as arguments windows
paths and doesn't say much if it fails to execute the program. And that
you'll want the output to go to a file.
Go to HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\sshd
- Change ImagePath to full (windows) path to strace.exe
- Change Parameters\AppPath to and Parameters\AppArgs appropriately
(I don't remember what I did to separate the args for cygrunsrv
from those to sshd, if anything)
Usual caveats apply -- hacking around the registry may lobotomise the
Real programmers don't document. Documentation is for simps who
can't read the listings or the object deck.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html