This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
RE: /usr/bin/env - Incorrect parsing of #! line?
- From: "Robert Praetorius" <RPraetorius at AspenRes dot Com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Cc: "Gerald S. Williams" <gsw at agere dot com>
- Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 09:36:43 -0500
- Subject: RE: /usr/bin/env - Incorrect parsing of #! line?
- Organization: Ministry of Hobo Regalia, Gauntlet Division
- References: <00b901c1b43b$ea06d130$6600a8c0@cherry>
- Reply-to: RPraetorius at AspenRes dot Com
> I think DG's and PJA's original assessment was correct and
> BASH should be modified. Support for cross-platform scripts
> is important, and the #!/bin/env trick is used frequently.
"Suggestions and `philosophical' bug reports may be
mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or posted to the Usenet
As was pointed out, cygwin will use whatever behavior bash implements.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html