This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: anybody else also infected
- From: "hongxun lee" <lee dot 1801 at osu dot edu>
- To: "KAMDAR,NILESH \(A-Sonoma,ex1\)" <nilesh_kamdar2 at agilent dot com>
- Cc: "cygwin mailing list" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2002 08:39:55 -0500
- Subject: Re: anybody else also infected
- References: <01A7DAF31F93D511AEE300D0B706ED92019ECD65@axcs13.cos.agilent.com>
Sorry for the panic...My bet is all you can do is to update the package zlib
NAV this morning had released its new vir-definition..Thanks
----- Original Message -----
From: "KAMDAR,NILESH (A-Sonoma,ex1)" <email@example.com>
Sent: Wednesday, February 13, 2002 10:58 PM
Subject: anybody else also infected
> Hello Hongxun Lee,
> (I am not on the mailing list of cygwin so I am emailing directly to you)
> I have the same problem. My cygwin1.dll and cygz.dll file are in
> NAV claims that they are infected with the BAckdoor.Egghead virus but I
> see any other signs besides the above 2 files. I Think NAV definitions are
> I actually have SEVERAL customers who are going to complain about this
> tomorrow. So I am trying to find a quick resolution. I have also posted my
> question to Symantec.
> I am hoping that Symantec sends out newer update virus definitions which
> NOT cause this error.
> Let me know if you get any updates from them.
> --Nilesh Kamdar
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html