Re: NAV deletes cygwin1.dll

The latest virus def from NAV should fix this. My virus definition file
is version 40213av dated 2/13/02. Read the mailing list lately, a thread
called "anybody else also infected" from yesterday and today discusses
this in depth. If you can, it might be good to setup your NAV to
"quarantine" instead of "delete" if it can't clean the virus.

HTH,
Peter

Nolte, Brendan wrote:

> Hello all,
>     This morning's NAV scan deleted my and a co-worker's cygwin1.dll stating that there was an egghead backdoor virus.  Now we both
> know that NAV is full of it but I just wanted as many people as I can tell to know not to run a current NAV(and perhaps other
> anti-virus software)on your cygwin files.  My coworker has contacted NAV and hopefully this will get resolved.
>
> Good Luck,
> Brendan

> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTE:  This e-mail message, including any attachment(s), contains information that may be confidential, protected by the attorney-client or other legal privileges, and/or proprietary non-public information.  If you are not an intended recipient of this message or an authorized assistant to an intended recipient, please notify the sender by replying to this message and then delete it from your system.  Use, dissemination, distribution, or reproduction of this message and/or any of its attachments (if any) by unintended recipients is not authorized and may be unlawful.

1 Timothy 4:12 (NIV)- Don't let anyone look down on you because you are
young, but set an example for the believers
in speech, in life, in love, in faith, and in purity.