This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: question on the cygwin setup command
- From: "Robert Collins" <robert dot collins at itdomain dot com dot au>
- To: "Andrew Chang" <awc at bitmover dot com>
- Cc: <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 16:11:52 +1100
- Subject: Re: question on the cygwin setup command
- References: <20020211182408.GA2146@redhat.com> <200202150432.g1F4W0x19345@work.bitmover.com> <07b901c1b5da$105a5ce0$0200a8c0@lifelesswks> <200202150510.g1F5A2x21884@work.bitmover.com>
----- Original Message -----
From: "Andrew Chang" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> > It should pickup the setup.ini and use it. If nothings updated, then
> > nothing will install (naturally).
> I removed the setup.ini file, remove all of cygwin regustry entry,
> the c:/cygwin directry, and re-ran setup.exe, got the same problem.
> that if I switch to the old setup.exe, it worked fine)
It needs setup.ini to function correctly. Without it you get limited
Anyway, 'works for me'. You'll need to debug it and see whats happening.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html